The Presbyterian Committee on the Self-Development of People is prepared to establish partnerships with groups in the United States or other countries who:
- are oppressed by poverty or social systems,
- want to take charge of their own lives,
- have organized or are organizing to do something about their own conditions,
- have decided that what they are going to do will produce long term changes for their lives or communities,
- will control the programs they own and will benefit from them directly.
Partnerships are initiated by applications to the Self-Development of People Committee and are evaluated against Self-Development's funding criteria.
- Applications are accepted at any time
- Funding Decisions are made in May and November.
- To initiate partnerships with Presbytery and Synod Committees contact them directly.
- Contact the Synod and Presbytery SDOP Committe for their deadlines and methods of submission
You may send grant applications:
- Domestic in English
- International in English
- Domestic in Spanish
- International in Spanish
Or by post office to:
Self-Development of People
100 Witherspoon Street
Louisville, KY 40202
- Domestic in English (10 copies)
- Domestic in Spanish (1 copy)
- International in English (1 copy)
- International in Spanish (1 copy)